Books on Brown Wooden Shelf

Resource Center

Below are resources that are avaialble to you. If you need an additional assistance, our ADRC navigator is there to help.

Looking for additional resources?

The Wyoming Aging and Disability Resources Center website is designed to help connect older adults and people with disabilities to a variety of helpful information and services. Our easy-to-use search engine can help you find what you’re looking for based on keyword, location, or type of service. Our extensive database of resources is unbiased, tailored specifically to Wyoming residents, and always growing.


Frequently Asked Questions

Abuse Related Questions

What should I do if someone is in emotional or mental health crisis?

Mental Health Resources:

Contact Wyoming Crisis Support:

If you are concerned about a family member or loved one, call your local police department’s crisis intervention line or send a text message to the Crisis Line at 741-741.

How do I report the abuse, neglect or exploitation of an older person or a person with a disability?

To report any type of abuse, neglect or exploitation, please go to:

According to Wyoming law, everyone must report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of a child or vulnerable adult if they have reasonable cause to believe that it may be occurring. Child or adult abuse, neglect or exploitation has no boundaries according to sexual orientation, ethnic background, age, religion, disability, or gender, the reporting of abuse / neglect / exploitation of children and vulnerable adults is a 24-hour obligation.

If the situation warrants, please contact the local police department for immediate assistance or dial 911.

Assistive Technology Questions

I need help with technology and home adaptations for my disability, who can I call?

Wyoming Assistive Technology Resources (WATR) – WATR is Wyoming’s Assistive Technology Act program and a resource for all assistive technology (AT) needs in Wyoming. AT may be a device or solution that enhances an individual’s ability to live, play, or work independently. AT can take the form of a device, tool, or adaptation that supports a person when participating in everyday activities and settings.

The Assistive Technology Act supports state efforts to improve the provision of assistive technology by providing states with financial assistance to implement State Level Activities and State Leadership Activities to meet the assistive technology needs of individuals with disabilities.

Caregiver Related Questions

How can I find respite care or support groups for caregivers?

Meeting the long-term care needs of loved ones who need help is often a demanding, around-the-clock job. Support is available for many Wyoming caregivers through the National Family Caregiver Support Program. For more information on the National Family Caregiver Support Program and Caregiver Resources available throughout the State of Wyoming, please go to:

You can also contact Wyoming 211 and speak to an ADRC (Aging & Disability Resource Center) navigator to aid in your search by calling 307-757-0222 or email

How can I get help in caring for someone if I need a break (respite)?

Respite is available for caregivers in Wyoming.  For resources in your community, you can contact Wyoming 211 and speak to an ADRC (Aging & Disability Resource Center) navigator by calling 307-757-0222 or email

Because being a caregiver for loved ones who need help can be emotionally, physically and financially exhausting at the same time it is also rewarding and important, support is available for many Wyoming caregivers through the Wyoming Department of Health (WDH).  For more information on Support for Caregivers:

Disease Related Questions

Where can I go to learn about Alzheimer's diagnosis?

Go to “How is Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnosed?”  Located there is information on assessing the possibility of Alzheimer’s and the 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s.  There are also some good power point training sessions that can provide more information.

How can I find information on Alzheimer's Disease?

New Wyoming Resident

I'm thinking of moving to Wyoming soon. Will my services move with me?

Most long-term care services, particularly those funded by Medicaid, Older Americans Act dollars, or state/local dollars, will not cross state lines. You may have to reapply once you get to Wyoming. You can contact the ADRC Navigator at Wyoming 211 by calling 307-757-0222 or send an email to:

Veteran Resources

What is the "Aid and Attendance" benefit for veterans that I've heard about? Am I eligible?

VA Aid and Attendance benefits provide monthly payments added to the amount of a monthly VA pension for qualified Veterans and survivors. If you get a VA pension and you meet at least one of the requirements listed below, you may be eligible for this benefit:

  • You need another person to help you perform daily activities, like bathing, feeding, and dressing, or
  • You have to stay in bed—or spend a large portion of the day in bed—because of illness, or
  • You are a patient in a nursing home due to the loss of mental or physical abilities related to a disability, or
  • Your eyesight is limited (even with glasses or contact lenses you have only 5/200 or less in both eyes; or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less)

To find out if you are eligible, please go to:

Am I eligible for veteran's services or benefits?

The US Department of Veterans Affairs administers veteran benefits programs. You can learn about specific benefits on their website at is the government website located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, however they cover the entire state of Wyoming for benefit information.