What is Ride United?
Wyoming 211 has partnered with United Way Worldwide and Lyft to address pressing transportation needs to help people access services for specific and needed situations, such as
- essential medical services,
- complete education programs,
- get to job interviews,
- and more.
Ride United provides up to four (4) free or discounted round trip rides per month via Lyft for eligible individuals who have transportation challenges.
Rides Can be Scheduled for:
- Financial Services
Limited rides may be available to assist clients in getting connected to needed services and should not be used for long distance and/or on going transportation needs. The 211 Specialist will explore long- term transportation options for future needs, if needed.
Open to all Laramie County, Albany County, and Natrona County residents age 18 years and older who are in need of transportation for one of the listed purposes where Lyft ride service is available.
How Do I Schedule a Ride?
- Client calls or is referred to 211 to request transportation assistance for an eligible use case.
- 211 Specialist assesses client eligibility and schedules or dispatches a free or discounted Lyft ride on behalf of the client.
- Client receives a text message when the ride is on its way!